27 November 2008

Things to be thankful for...

We have a home, it is ours, and I can paint it any color I like.
Our home is warm, we have only turned on the furnace once this year... the fireplace everyday.
We have water when we turn the faucet, and electricity when we flip a switch.
I am able to go to school, and my children are also getting an education.
We have clothes and shoes to wear.
We have warm, comfy beds and snuggly pj's to wear.
We are able to eat well balanced meals at least once a day.
We have amazing family and friends. (something that no one should be without)
Matthew is safe and spends his days becoming a better man.
Jonathan is growing up and learning some hard lessons, but he is learning. (don't ever forget your goals Jon)
Lexi has come to be with us and our family is complete. I no longer mourn the loss of my uterus.
Chloe is becoming the most amazing, talented, smart, couragous young woman... we all knew that you had it in you sweetheart.
Gabrielle is thoughtful and kind, and on her way to being outstanding.
My HUSBAND..... You are my love, my life, my everything.... without you, I would be nothing. Thank you for all you do for me and our children.
My mother, your daily strength makes me want to strive to be more like you.
Our freedoms.... given to us by the men and women who defend this amazing country of ours.
Thank you for our government and let us all pray that the right decisions are made and we continue to enjoy the opportunities that we all have today.

None of this would be possible without God, our eternal Lord and savior. Thank you for my faith and your faith in me.

There are so many things that I have not listed.... it would take all night. In these hard times I think that it is yet another thing to be thankful for to have the opportunity to see what all we do have, instead of just dwelling on the things that we lack.

Thank you to all of you for listening.

0 comments: