15 November 2008

Mat made it to New York...

Mat called tonight and he made it to where he was supposed to be. He was unaware of what to expect and so he really didn't take the stuff that he was going to need. I am not aware of his address at this time but when I get it if I could get help from all of you I would really appreciate it more than you would ever know. He has a studio type, dorm room-ish that he is living in. Had he known he would have taken the things that he had in his apartment before he joined, but as it is he went there with only a few changes of clothes. He has a bed, desk and mini kitchenette in his room but does not have ANYTHING. He is using a hoodie as a pillow and blanket at this point. Mom and I are making him a fleece blanket and I am knitting him a pair of slippers but he needs simple things like a matress pad, sheets, pillows, towels, silverware, soap, laundry baskets, pots and pans, dish rags, well, you get the idea. The poor boy doesn't make enough money at this point to get all of this stuff and I will make sure to get his address so that we can all help him out. I am going to have him try and find a computer to use somewhere and post a wishlist on Walmart.com and that way I know what he needs. I will post that here too when I get it. I am sure that any little thing, used or otherwise would be greatly appreciated.

2 comments:

The Penguin Family said...

Yeah give us the address so we can mail him some things.

Hodges Tropical Paradise said...

We will be more than happy to help. We have many extra things that we could send but we also know how much shipping may cost so it might be less expensive to order things at Walmart.com and have it sent to a store nearby if there is one. Let us know as soon as you get his address and we'll start making lists so that we don't ship duplicates. I did talk to him yesterday and he sounded happy to hear from someone he knew. Don't think he expected it to be me but he was at the USO and was doing fine. Let us hear and we'll help.